新书推介:《语义网技术体系》
作者:瞿裕忠,胡伟,程龚
   XML论坛     W3CHINA.ORG讨论区     计算机科学论坛     SOAChina论坛     Blog     开放翻译计划     新浪微博  

• 首页
  • 登录
  • 注册
  • 软件下载
  • 资料下载
  • 核心成员
  • 帮助
  •   Add to Google

>> 最新的技术动态
    [返回] 中文XML论坛 - 专业的XML技术讨论区休息区『 最新动态 & 业界新闻 』 → 万维网之父Tim Berners-Lee谈互联网的未来 查看新帖用户列表

发表一个新主题  发表一个新投票  回复主题  (订阅本版) 您是本帖的第 8769 个阅读者浏览上一篇主题  刷新本主题   树形显示贴子 浏览下一篇主题
     * 贴子主题: 万维网之父Tim Berners-Lee谈互联网的未来 举报  打印  推荐  IE收藏夹 
       本主题类别: Semantic Web    
     admin 帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

威望:9
      头衔:W3China站长
      等级:计算机硕士学位(管理员)
      文章:5255
      积分:18406
      门派:W3CHINA.ORG
      注册:2003/10/5

姓名:(无权查看)
    城市:(无权查看)
    院校:(无权查看)
    给admin发送一个短消息 把admin加入好友 查看admin的个人资料 搜索admin在『 最新动态 & 业界新闻 』的所有贴子 点击这里发送电邮给admin  访问admin的主页 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看admin的博客楼主
    发贴心情 万维网之父Tim Berners-Lee谈互联网的未来

World Wide Web Creator Tim Berners-Lee on the Future of the Internet

Friday, October 09, 2009

SUZANNE PRATT: The worldwide web turned 20 years old in March and though it may seem everyone around you is online, just 20 percent of the world has access to the Internet. Getting the rest there is the goal of Tim Berners- Lee, the creator of the worldwide web. Darren Gersh recently talked with Berners-Lee and began by asking what happens when the other 80 percent of the world logs on.

TIM BERNERS-LEE, DIR., WORLD WIDE WEB CONSORTIUM: That's a great question and in fact, we started the worldwide web foundation in order to answer those questions because it is not obvious. For example, web technology has been developed very much by the developed countries for the developed countries. Maybe if we tweaked it a little bit, it would actually be easier for people in the developing countries to use or maybe that there are applications which you'd like to have that have to be invented by very creative people who are actually in Africa themselves and will be able to develop their own ones so long as they give us the space, someone to host it.

DARREN GERSH, NIGHTLY BUSINESS REPORT CORRESPONDENT: In Washington and the United States, we just assumed that U.S. companies like Intel, Google, Microsoft, will dominate the Internet. What happens when the rest of the world comes into the Internet?

BERNERS-LEE: You can never tell who is going to dominate in a few years' time. I remember when people were worried about Netscape dominating the Internet and then they discovered it was Microsoft and now they worry about Google. But certainly there will be a huge shift for example when a very large amount of it on there is in Chinese. You get maybe some countries will end up using a lot of English, but maybe other countries won't. So then the question will be, can we get automatic translation which will work or will we end up an English-speaking world through which new ideas, new fears, new gossip will spread every few minutes across the Internet. But then we'll have a Chinese-speaking world which doesn't really connect so quickly and for which different ideas spread. How -- will they get polarization of cultures or maybe worse, a monoculture?

GERSH: We're having a debate in the United States over how you pay for the Internet, whether it should be net neutral and heavy users don't pay more than light users. You have some strong views on that.

BERNERS-LEE: Well first of all, let me correct you. You said I wanted to be net neutral in that everybody would pay the same amount no matter how much bandwidth. That's nonsense If I pay for a certain bandwidth and I've got a web browser and you paid to connect, then we can talk. Nobody is going to be trying to stop me getting to your web site because they want -- they don't need to get PBS because they want to sell me their own movies. So neutrality is about having an open market.

GERSH: I guess the argument come back that if you're a company providing access to the Internet and someone wants to pay more so that their stuff can come out faster, they can reach people more easily and be preferred over packets of information that come out more slowly, what's wrong with that? Isn't that going to help people who provide those services build out new services and better services? That's their argument, isn't it?

BERNERS-LEE: Well, of course, if you want to really fund the people who are providing the services, then what you do is you give them complete control over what somebody sees. So, yes, if you give somebody the ability to really abuse the medium and take advantage of the consumer, then they've got a fantastic business model. However, you've destroyed the way the Internet works.

GERSH: So it's been 20 years since you invented the worldwide web. What is the biggest challenge for the Internet in the next 20 years?

BERNERS-LEE: Well, I think looking forward the most difficult thing that we're not doing is we're not actually studying the web. The web's huge. It's a huge system. There are actually more web pages out there than there are neurons in a person's brain. So there are a lot of nerve cells (ph) in a person's brain, but we are starting to figure out how the brain works but we really don't study how the web works. It's humanity connected, all these people making links, following links, exchanging ideas, trying to put together new forms of democracy, new social networking systems. We don't really understand what is going to work and what isn't. We don't really know what are the dangers. Could it become unstable? What are the really huge opportunities? So studying the web is really important. I think the danger is we don't study it and then suddenly, something happens like the financial downturn, like spam coming along, like one of these things where whoa! Oops, didn't plan for that. Now what went wrong? So we shouldn't be looking back and thinking what went wrong? We should be looking forward and thinking, OK, what are the things that could happen? What would be likely to happen? How can we tweak the web? After all the web, unlike the brain, is something that we designed. It's an engineering thing.

GERSH: Thanks for your time. It's been fascinating. Tim Berners-Lee, inventor of the worldwide web.

BERNERS-LEE: My pleasure.

PRATT: You can watch our entire interview with Tim Berners-Lee on the worldwide web that he created at NIGHTLY BUSINESS REPORT on pbs.org.

收藏   分享  
    顶(1)

----------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------

第十二章第一节《用ROR创建面向资源的服务》
    第十二章第二节《用Restlet创建面向资源的服务》
    第三章《REST式服务有什么不同》
    InfoQ SOA首席编辑胡键评《RESTful Web Services中文版》
    [InfoQ文章]解答有关REST的十点疑惑

点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2009/10/12 9:14:00

baojie 帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

威望:9
      头衔:小学生
      等级:研一(参加了一年一度的XML大会)(贵宾)
      文章:667
      积分:4442
      门派:XML.ORG.CN
      注册:2003/11/24

给baojie发送一个短消息 把baojie加入好友 查看baojie的个人资料 搜索baojie在『 最新动态 & 业界新闻 』的所有贴子 点击这里发送电邮给baojie  访问baojie的主页 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看baojie的博客2
    发贴心情 
    I met Tim last week. He even talked with me individually for a few minutes.   :D

His group at MIT is amazing. They are among the smartest people I ever met.

点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2009/10/12 11:23:00

Humphrey 帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?狮子座1981-7-23

威望:1
      等级:研二(搞定了DL,再搞定F-Logic!)
      文章:937
      积分:5743
      门派:W3CHINA.ORG
      注册:2008/3/12

给Humphrey发送一个短消息 把Humphrey加入好友 查看Humphrey的个人资料 搜索Humphrey在『 最新动态 & 业界新闻 』的所有贴子 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看Humphrey的博客3
    发贴心情 
    看来李先生确实是研究广泛,不光谈过搜索的未来,还谈了互联网的未来。
    确实不一般啊,可能站在领域的最前沿就是这样吧?

鸿丰

点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2009/10/12 16:50:00

linxin181 帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

等级:大二(研究C++)
      文章:40
      积分:232
      门派:XML.ORG.CN
      注册:2009/3/24

给linxin181发送一个短消息 把linxin181加入好友 查看linxin181的个人资料 搜索linxin181在『 最新动态 & 业界新闻 』的所有贴子 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看linxin181的博客4
    发贴心情 
    看了半天,他老人家说互联网的未来是不确定的。我想还是要往语义网络上靠拢了,因为他提到:“There are actually more web pages out there than there are neurons in a person's brain. So there are a lot of nerve cells (ph) in a person's brain, but we are starting to figure out how the brain works but we really don't study how the web works.”

语义检索、知识地图。

点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2009/10/12 19:47:00

GoogleAdSense

等级:大一新生
      文章:1
      积分:50
      门派:无门无派
      院校:未填写
      注册:2007-01-01
    给Google AdSense发送一个短消息 把Google AdSense加入好友 查看Google AdSense的个人资料 搜索Google AdSense在『 最新动态 & 业界新闻 』的所有贴子 访问Google AdSense的主页 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看Google AdSense的博客广告
    2024/4/30 6:03:57

本主题贴数4,分页: [1]

管理选项修改tag | 锁定 | 解锁 | 提升 | 删除 | 移动 | 固顶 | 总固顶 | 奖励 | 惩罚 | 发布公告
    W3C Contributing Supporter! W 3 C h i n a ( since 2003 ) 旗 下 站 点
    苏ICP备05006046号《全国人大常委会关于维护互联网安全的决定》《计算机信息网络国际联网安全保护管理办法》
    1,919.922ms